S11 E42 Misconception #1: It’s better to be traditionally published than “self”-published
- “Someone ought to publish a book about the doomsayers who keep publishing books about the end of publishing.” — Evgeny Morozov
- 99% of the time, traditional publishing is NOT the way to go.
- “Self”-publishing is a loaded term with lots of baggage. A better descriptor is “nontraditional publishing”.
- Understand the benefits of nontraditional publishing for your business: you own your intellectual property, you don’t need a book proposal, and you don’t need to buy 1,000 books (that may end up sitting in your garage).
- [TAKE ACTION] Find the right publisher for you, not only someone who will publish your book, but will guide you in launching your book the right way.
Listen to Live: IBGR.Network
Subscribe to the podcast at influencersformula.com
Ben Gioia ("joya")
Book Coach, Strategist & Publishing Advisor
Ben Gioia ("joya") is a three-time, best-selling author, podcast, and international radio show host. He’s trained millionaires at Stanford and helped a Fortune 100 company elevate culture by creating an empathy video game for 20,000 employees. Ben makes it easy — for coaches, consultants, speakers, and small business owners — to get their book done in as little as 5 weeks!
From there, it’s making an impact as a unique expert, enjoying 5-figure speaking fees, and getting clients & partners BEFORE they’re published! With 38 years of writing adventures, Ben helped launch the world’s largest magazine (AARP) and his teachings are used by more than 50,000 people worldwide.
Global Radio Authority & Podcast Expert, IBGR Co-Founder
Donna Kunde is a podcast host & radio personality who has produced almost 14,000 podcasts, while elevating businesses, with more than 300,000 downloads (to date). So with her own international business radio station (and network), Donna is amplifying more than 70 experts (in 14 countries), reaching listeners in more than 180 countries, and delivering worldwide transformation, every single day. Donna is all about taking proven wisdom and applying it, 13 minutes at a time. Then turning that into a podcast AND book, in just 20 weeks. (It’s called the Influencers Formula.) If you’d like to learn more about the Influencers Formula for your business, contact Donna today.
TAGS: IBGR, IBGR Network, Donna Kunde, Ben Gioia (“joya”), business, podcasting, podcasting for business, online business, business podcast, business podcast, business tips, podcasting tips, business mastery, business coaching, business ideas, podcasting tutorial, start